Thursday, October 2, 2014

October 3, 2014

Curriculum Connections...

Happy Friday to everyone on this first weekend of October. I am looking forward to this weekend because I will finally have some time to work on my dissertation... I know - sounds like a FUN weekend, huh?  :)  I hope everyone else has some fun plans for the weekend - maybe some apple picking or foliage observation or football watching! 

On another note, a special thank you to Laura, Elaine and Debbie for holding down the Main Office while Pam has been out. Pam sends her love - she misses her Cantiague family! Finally, a special thank you to Brittany for successfully overseeing the dismissal process with the support of all the aides and the teachers on duty - you all rock! 

As an FYI, if you have not already done so, please enter your goals on OASYS at this point because that is where they need to be submitted. Let me know if you have any questions about entering your goals. Finally, please be aware that I have begun conducting formal observations, which will be both announced and unannounced depending on the situation. So far, I have been really lucky with the observations as I have observed some great stuff with MaryAnn, Jessica, Jen, Jeanne, Donna, Christine, Ally, Marissa and Allison - AWESOMENESS! 


This week, as I walked around the building, I spotted these #EDUWINS...


  • Allison and Marissa had the children work in small groups to create an EduCreations video tutorial explaining a math concept that would be presented on their upcoming test. What an innovative way to have kids review concepts for test - by using technology to teach it to others - WOW! 

  • Christine and Donna did an amazing job during reading workshop with the skill of visualizing! After doing the mini-lesson, Christine facilitated a book club (the kids were doing a lot of work independently) while Donna ran a guided reading group (amazing integration of technology) and the rest of the children read independently. The experience was AWESOME and one could almost hear a pin drop in the room!

  • Ally did a great job introducing the idea of independent reading during reading workshop. The children took in a lot of information and then successfully transitioned from the rug to their independent reading spots and quietly read for about five minutes - it was impressive for so early in the year! 

Tech Tip of the Week...
Check out this great article filled with tips on what to do with iPads in the classroom... starting from the first five hours to the first five days and so on... The First 5s with iPads!

SCHEDULE OF THE WEEK... 

Monday, October 6 
"B" Week
Happy Monday!

Tuesday, October 7
F.E.O. at 3pm for all staff
Book Fair Preview - 7pm at Cantiague
PTA Meeting - 7:30pm

Wednesday, October 8
Happy Wednesday!
Book Fair - please be on time!

Thursday, October 9 
Book Fair - please be on time!

Friday, October 10
Happy TGIF!


Kids' Korner
In a 3rd Grade classroom, where they were correcting the Morning Message, one of the children saw this line, "We have computer lab during second period." and suggested that they erase the word period and replace it with one. LOL! #GoodTimes 


Pics of the Week...
Check out Cantiague's Week in Tweets - click on the following link to see our Pics of the Week...


No comments:

Post a Comment